Monday, October 12, 2009

DIY Assignment


After trying to get over a cold for almost a week, I decided to search at-home cold remedies to see if they would give me the extra kick to finally ditch the sniffle and cough. I immediately skipped right over all the ones that required cayenne pepper (if you've ever had cayenne pepper in food, you know it's strong... but in a drink, way too strong). I finally found this simple "Garlic Tea" recipe to boost your immune system and decided to try it out.
  • Step 1: Peel 3-4 cloves of garlic, and chop/crush

  • Step 2: Crush the garlic into glass, and simmer in 2 cups of water for about 10 minutes

  • Step 3: Strain the water, and discard the excess garlic
  • Step 4: Add a teaspoon of honey and fresh lemon juice
Step 5: Enjoy

The reality: It tastes exactly what you think garlic, lemon and honey would taste like - disgusting! I had to bribe my sick roommate Cameron to spilt the drink with me by getting him a grape soda chaser to follow after each sip. I'm not too sure the benefits (of hopefully waking up tomorrow sans cold) will outweigh the cons (a gross after-taste that will not go away). To be determined...

0 comments:

Post a Comment