Sunday, October 25, 2009

Update: 10/25/09

The hardest part about this assignment is the fact that I am not just attempting to transform my personal space, but rather a shared space. As much as I am driving this project, it is not about me. I want to instill some sort of sense of organization, placement and cleanliness within my roommates. After being in Washington all weekend, I came home this afternoon to a mess. Food and beer cans all over the counters, dishes in the sink, flies circling...? This project has become, in my mind, somewhat bigger than just reconstructing personal space. I think I may need to encompass some behavior issue solutions to these boys. The connection between the smell and uncleanliness doesn't register with them. I don't necessary believe that went I move out in December that everything I attempt to reorganize or employ will be upheld unless I do a better job than I am doing at explaining the reasoning behind why I feel it would be beneficial for them to buy into a system of organization and cleaning.

So far some things I want to accomplish this week:

- Cutting the vinyl to make those stickers for the steel board.
- Sitting down with my roommates to talk to them about what they want to see work better and if any sort of system should be designed to assign chores/roles (it is a little childish, but it could make a difference by delegating responsibility among us)
- Putting together all the photos and documentation in an easy to read and understand form... yet to be determined. I was think either a pamphlet or making it fun and look like a comic strip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment